Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3180YC - Unable to enable certain features

UZaman3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 2 Nexus 3180YC switches that are running NXOS version 9.3. We are trying to enable the private-vlan feature and the port-security feature. When we run the commands "show feature | i private-vlan" and "show feature | i port-security" it shows the features are there and are disabled but when we run the commands "feature private-vlan" and "feature port-security" the switch responds with a generic "feature not available". We are running other Nexus switches (9k's) and are able to enable the features without issue. I also have deployed 5k's and 7k's without this issue. We are only experiencing it on the 3180's. On the 3180, we are able to enable other features such as interface-vlan so we know it works in some fashion. I looked in Cisco's documentation and those are default features on the switch that can be enabled without any extra licensing so am confused why it won't work. Debating reverting the image back to a previous image (maybe 7.1) to see if its an issue with 9.3 Does anyone have any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

UZaman3
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the typy - Model of the switches is Nexus 31680YC-R

36180YC-R****

UZaman3
Level 1
Level 1

And seeing now that support for private-vlans wasn't added until 10.2(3). Will update the code in the morning and test.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card