cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3500 bios upgrade

Hu371
Level 1
Level 1

I'm confused on the nexus 3548X software upgrade proccess. Following the official upgrade guide, but after software upgrade has completed, I don't know if the bios information is shown correctly to proceed with it.

"show install all status" output shows me that that my previous software version 6.0(2).A7(2) has a bios version 4.2.0 (date 2017),  but new 6.0(2)A8(10) has a version 2.0.6( date 12/26/2014) & Upg-Required "no".

The documentation says that this software version should come with BIOS version 2.0.10...

Now my question is that prior to upgrading to software version 7, should I do the BIOS upgrade to that "older" version or is that just a wrong release date on the bios 2.0.6 (date year 2014) and I should anyways upgrade from BIOS 4.2.0 to 2.0.6?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/upgrade/6_x/b_Cisco_Nexus_3500_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_6x/b_Cisco_Nexus_3500_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_6x_chapter...

1 Reply 1

ADP_89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If your end goal is to upgrade to version 7 you should look at the upgrade guides for that  specific version: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/upgrade/7_x/b_Cisco_Nexus_3000_Series_NX_OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Release_7_x/b_Cisco_Nexus_3000_Series_NX_OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Release_7_x_newGuide_chapter_...

Here you can see that upgrade to version 7 for a 3548-X requires BIOS version 5.0.0.

If you follow the install procedure for version 7 it will upgrade the BIOS to the required version before reloading the device.

You can always run a "show install all..." to see the overcome of the upgrade from 6 to 7.

HTH,

ADP 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: