cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 firmware

sdsheppa
Level 1
Level 1

I recently picked up a used Nexus 5020 from a local hardware recycler and the switch worked, and booted fine. I did not have the switch hooked up to the network when I did this boot, because it was just to see if the switch would get into the firmware and verify that it was working.  The next time i booted the switch, it stopped at the Loader> prompt.  I figured out how to get it to load the kickstarter just fine, but when it had finished and put me at switch(boot)> i was at a loss.  I miss read the help for init and started it.  Once it started erasing the bootflash: i knew i had messed up.  Having had a cisco lab for a while I knew that the firmware for EOL equipment was not available unless you had a partner account, or a service contract for the device.  I contacted the live chat and they directed me to reach out to the point of sale, or try here.  The point of sale being a hardware recycler, I knew that they would not access to the firmware. 

So my question for everyone here is, am I now stuck with a boat anchor, or is there a method of getting the firmware?

1 Reply 1

lovsharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Unfortunately this product is EOL.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/eol_c51-709037.html

i am not sure, if this will work, please try with the any image on N5000, you can use the image available on n55, i am not sure about if this will work.