Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548P how much time for nxos upgrade

AP83332
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like advice regarding nxos software upgrade in non-ISSU mode for Nexus 5548P. I should update the nxos release of this device, and I would like to estimate the times (minutes..hours ..) it will take to get back up in forwarding. How long does it take for a Nexus 5K device to complete the nx-os update and get back up and running?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @AP83332 

Most of the times, the upgrade itself, from the moment you enter the "install all" command and until it comes back up, it should be less then 40 minutes. If (and most likely) is configured in vPC, the upgrade needs to be sequential, so double that time. If you have FEXs connected, add another 40 minutes for each FEX.

Add 1-2 extra hour(s) in case you face any unexpected problems after upgrade.

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @AP83332 

Most of the times, the upgrade itself, from the moment you enter the "install all" command and until it comes back up, it should be less then 40 minutes. If (and most likely) is configured in vPC, the upgrade needs to be sequential, so double that time. If you have FEXs connected, add another 40 minutes for each FEX.

Add 1-2 extra hour(s) in case you face any unexpected problems after upgrade.

Cheers,

Sergiu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: