cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5600 ERSPAN to 6504

amercer00
Level 5
Level 5

We have a pair of 6504's in VSS Mode connected to pair of Nexus 5600's in VPC mode.  We have Nexus 2000 Fex's connected to the 5600's.  All of our data center access switches and client access closet switches are also connected to the core.  I've attached a diagram.  In the past, we had an RSPAN VLAN (400) set up for capturing traffic and it worked great.  The Nexus 5600's don't support RSPAN.  They only support ERSPAN and SPAN.  Is there a way to set up a local SPAN session on the Nexus, or an ERSPAN session to our core, and bridge that into a VLAN for remote monitoring.  We could use VLAN 400 that we already have in place, or create a 401.  Also, we want to monitor both Nexus switches at the same time, and from what I've read, an ERSPAN destination port can only be a destination for one ERSPAN session at a time.  Could I just create VLAN 401, create a span session on each nexus, and physically patch the destination port into a port configured for vlan 401, and then bridge vlan 401 throughout the network, or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Allen

0 Replies 0