Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7700 Table-Map with filter

mcnairiain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

Im trying to filter the advertisement of tagged routes from leaving a routed interface on an 77k ABR with a tag of 50, that have come in from an ASBR source into my backbone area. My 77k is an ABR on OSPF Area 0 and has child area 40. Im trying to stop Area 40 learning the LSA type 5s that will come in from the ASBR with a tag of 50. Area 40 is attached on Eth 1/21(p2p)

I think Table map is the best option: would the following work?

Route-map  drop_tag_50 deny 10

match tag 50

interface eth1/21

table-map drop_tag_50 filter

2 Replies 2

Renan Abreu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Table-map is manipulating what goes into your RIB, for inter-area filtering you could use the "area filter" command. In your case I think you could also set area 40 as a stub area.

Hi - Thanks for the reply.

Cant just change Area 40 - it needs to be a normal area as has multi-ingress/egress points to Area0.

Only considering table-map because "dist-list" is not supported on nexus (which is an oversight imo)

Area filter wont work for routes that have not originated in this OSPF hierarchy (wont affect LSA5s)

Could use table map with route map applied to ospf 1 process but that is a bit blunt when all I want to to filter certain routes on a specified interface....

There must be another way???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: