Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K : F3 line card install

Hi All,

We are installing a new F3 line card on one our Nexus 7K switches. Currently we are only using M3 cards on the box and we only one VDC configured on the switch and it has the below configuration to limit the line card type to M3.

vdc XXX id 1
  limit-resource module-type m3
  allow feature-set mpls
  cpu-share 5
  allocate interface Ethernet1/1-48
  allocate interface Ethernet2/1-48

When I tried to update the configuration to allow F3 modules using the command "limit-resource module-type m3 f3" it is giving out the below warning.

Note: To change default VDC mode to the new value, the switch must be reloaded. Please save configurations and reload manually after mode change.
Do you want to change VDC module type now (y/n)? [no]

My question is whether changing the module-type to allow both m3 and f3 would it need a reboot for the configuration to take affect. I'd appreciate any kind of assistance and thank you all in advance.

1 Reply 1

tomasnohejl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

it is strange, I can remember this command, but the result of modyfing the module-type resource limit was as follows:

Spodni(config-vdc)# limit-resource module-type f3
This will cause all ports of unallowed types to be removed from this vdc. Continue (y/n)? [yes] y

No message about reloading the box. But in my case, I made a change in non-default VDC, so it can be different.

Regards

Tomas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card