cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some doubts with vpc

blaton
Level 1
Level 1

I have come across a vpc domain that has created some doubts in me. Is the use of the peer switch and peer gateway commands compatible in the same domain?
And I would like to know if there is any debug that can help me see the vpc message exchange in real time without capturing traffic.

17 Replies 17

You would be subject to this bug which only affects non-root domains with peer-switch: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa83042

The defect was never and likely will never be fixed because the design [peer-switch on non-root] is unsupported. The same is true of any other potential bugs with this approach.

But it says in case of a change in the root bridge, but if there is no change in the root bridge it should not affect it.

The purpose of STP is to create a redundant loop-free topology in layer 2. If you're operating from the assumption that the network won't change, you might as well just make it loop-free in layer 1.

You're free to pursue any design, but you requested information on what is and isn't allowed. Pavel shared this information, I agree with their view, but you can make the decision for yourself.