Switch Nexus 3064 Nxos

Hi Dear Friends

I have Nexus 3064-X

I used this version

nxos.7.0.3.I7.9.bin

Now i want Upgrade to version

n3000-compact.9.3.7.bin

My flash only 1.5G byte But used version Compact

Now my question Is what difference between version Compact and version standalone ???

i used bgp and layer3 feature For this switch can install  Version Compact ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

The Nexus 3064 must use a compact image in order to run later NX-OS software releases due to its smaller bootflash size. This is described in detail in the "Background Information" section of the Nexus 3000, 3100, and 3500 NX-OS Compact Image Procedure document.

With respect to available features, there is no difference between a compact NX-OS image and a normal/full/non-compact NX-OS image. You will be able to run BGP and perform unicast routing with the compact NX-OS image without issue. The key difference between the two is in the size of the NX-OS image.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

The Nexus 3064 must use a compact image in order to run later NX-OS software releases due to its smaller bootflash size. This is described in detail in the "Background Information" section of the Nexus 3000, 3100, and 3500 NX-OS Compact Image Procedure document.

With respect to available features, there is no difference between a compact NX-OS image and a normal/full/non-compact NX-OS image. You will be able to run BGP and perform unicast routing with the compact NX-OS image without issue. The key difference between the two is in the size of the NX-OS image.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: