Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC and Routing Design using BGP

jjfaure
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have some doubts relating BGP routing over VPC. I have 1 pair of Nexus 5600 switches configured in VPC mode, and i need to know if is supported to have this config:

-1 Ebgp session between NexusA and a third party router (RouterA), using Nexus SVI interface. RouterA is only connected to NexusA

-Another Ebgp session between NexusB and another router (RouterB), using Nexus SVI interface. RouterB is only connected to NexusB

-An IBGP session between NexusA and NexusB to share routes leart from peer Nexus...here is really the point where i  am more confused, cause this ibgp peer session would need to cross vpc peer-link

-NexusA and Nexus B will be in same vpc domain, configured with "peer-gateway" and "layer3 peer-router" options

I have not seen specific documents or samples about a configuration like this one, please anyone can inform if is it supported?

Regards and TIA

Juan

1 Reply 1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello again,

Reference for the supported routing over vPC: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/118997-technote-nexus-00.html  The answer to your questions, is yes to all.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card