cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VXLAN EVPN to stretch VLANs between two Data Centers - Global to L3VNI VRF communication

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated

I have 2x Nexus 9Ks in each of TWO Data Centers configured with traditional SVIs and VPC, the ask is to extend a number of VLANs between the two Data Centers using VXLAN EVPN. I deployed VXLA EVPN/MP-BGP using the symmetric IRB option which uses a L3VNI for inter VLAN routing, as we know this solution requires a dedicated VRF (L3 VNI or Tenant VRF).

Communication between VXLAN networks works fine, hosts from a VXLAN network can communicate with hosts from another VXLAN network no problem. The issue is now how to get communication between the networks in the VXLAN fabric and networks in the legacy network, being the legacy networks are in the global default VRF while the VXLAN networks are in the Tenant VRF I can't get communication between them even after doing route leaking as shows in the link below.

The question is, has anybody ran into the same situation and what was the solution? Can someone provide any recommendations to make this solution work?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/nx-os-software/213908-configure-vrf-route-leak-on-nexus.html

1 Reply 1

Dawei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: