Views
Helpful
Replies

Which network's part the10G-LR-S shouldn't be connected due to FCoE

Bazoka
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

As understood the LR-S doesn't support FCoE, does this mean I shouldn't connect the storage servers on cisco leaves switches using the LR-S correct, and use the LR instead?

What about the connectivity between cisco leaves switches and the Spine switch, shall I make it LR-S okay?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Bazoka 

As understood the LR-S doesn't support FCoE, does this mean I shouldn't connect the storage servers on cisco leaves switches using the LR-S correct, and use the LR instead?

Correct. LR should be fine for FCoE.

What about the connectivity between cisco leaves switches and the Spine switch, shall I make it LR-S okay?

First, just trying to understand why would you need at the same time LR SFPs for both Server-Leaf and Leaf-Spine connectivity.

Second, just to confirm, you are referring to uplinks which will carry the FCoE traffic, right? If yes, then the answer is NO - you need to continue to use non-S LR SFPs.

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Bazoka 

Correct. LR should be fine for FCoE.

First, just trying to understand why would you need at the same time LR SFPs for both Server-Leaf and Leaf-Spine connectivity.

Second, just to confirm, you are referring to uplinks which will carry the FCoE traffic, right? If yes, then the answer is NO - you need to continue to use non-S LR SFPs.

Cheers,

Sergiu

Can you please correct me if I am wrong, shall I follow the below diagram within the Campus infrastructure from core switches all the way to the access switches I can use QSFP-40G-LR4-S, within the Campus datacenter I must use QSFP-40/100-SRBD, and between the two campuses I can use QSFP-40G-LR4-S or QSFP-40/100-SRBD?

Campus and DC.jpg