cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A quick and easy way to add a second-factor authentication with Duo

stevens0103
Beginner
Beginner

I have configured my switch, ISE, and Active Directory to perform wired 802.1x and it runs well. But I want to add Duo to provide a second-factor authentication and I have tried the method provided in this page: Network Access and Segmentation with DUO MFA and ISE Configuration Guide - Cisco Community , but it's far too complicated to me and I'm only using virutal machines, so it's very difficult to meet all the requirements. Does anyone know a quicker and simpler way to add Duo to provide a second-factor authentication ONLY, and let my switch, ISE, and Active Directory do the rest of the authentication and authorization job? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE team is working on a direct API integration from ISE to Duo so you don't need to deploy a Duo Authentication Proxy for RADIUS 2FA. Watch for the next ISE 3.3 patch release to see if the Duo API beta functionality is in it.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links