cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Funday Friday: Guessing Game

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you guess which programming languages are represented by these pictures? Post your answers below!

2023-06-08_105233.png2023-06-08_105148.png2023-06-08_105112.png

Take your guess (or skip it) and then it's your turn. Post your own pictures that you think are a metaphor for a programming language or other technology and let us guess. 

Personally, I'd love to see a picture that represents kubernetes+docker+minkube+whatever.  I've been studying these things this week and, wow, there are a lot of steps required to get anything working. It's worth it, no doubt, but damn.

Don't have any pictures? Post the name of a song or movie that you think is a good metaphor for a language or technology. If I had to pick a song to represent kubernetes+everything, I guess it would be this. If this song brings back memories, dang, you're old. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can it be Python? I know Python syntax uses white space and indentation but so is many other languages. Tinker toy and spaghetti seems like a contradiction but it does represent Python, simple yet unstructured and tangled nature.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No guesses yet? Here's a hint for the pictures:

White space, tinker toys, spaghetti.

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can it be Python? I know Python syntax uses white space and indentation but so is many other languages. Tinker toy and spaghetti seems like a contradiction but it does represent Python, simple yet unstructured and tangled nature.

It's three languages, and you got the first one right.

White space = Python

Tinker Toys = Assembler (you assemble tinker toys)

Spaghetti = BASIC (GO TO creates spaghetti code)