cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an FMC Rest-based backup script?

Problem: The standard FMC configuration backup is all-or-nothing, and only restores to an FMC on the exact same version, vdb, and SRU. 

Partial solution: Tweaking the /etc/sf/ims.conf and /etc/sf/sru_versions.conf files in the tarball, then re-archiving it before restoring.

But that doesn't solve the all-or-nothing part. I have a subtly corrupted database, and I want to backup everything except the corrupt config tables, then restore it after re-imaging. 

I could write a python script to download every object exposed by the FMC, and then upload those object back to an FMC. But that seems like such an ubiquitous use case for the REST API, I can't believe such a script does not already exist.

I also can't find such a script. Has anybody seen a REST-based backup/restore FMC script?

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Instead of full back, you have the option the import/export functionality which is an menu option below the backup feature in the config wheel menu.

Also you can look at cmaple:
https://github.com/rhindere/cmaple

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question