cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This Week in Tech: June 15th, 2023

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In a possible response to our own Paul Zimmermanā€™s Developer's Delight World Premiere Video, an Apple Exec stole the show at the companyā€™s Worldwide Developerā€™s Conference with a guitar solo.

AlexStevenson_0-1686834185537.jpeg

Craig Federighi, Appleā€™s senior vice president of software engineering, throws down the gauntlet.

See the link in the Twitter post below for the video.

AI Race.png

image generated with DALL-E generative AI

In other news, Amazon is reported to be rushing to catch-up in the heated AI race, which has seen Microsoft take off to a commanding lead with ChatGPT and Google trailing with their conversational AI service: Bard.

Leaked internal documents (who does that?) from Amazon are said to show it scrambling to find ways to use ChatGPT in their workflows. Reportedly, Amazon will soon feature a ChatGPT-type search bar for Amazon shoppers. There is no word yet if Amazon will develop their own generative AI. If they do, I propose the following names for it:

AskMeSumpin

Am-I-Wrong

Prime-O-Data

AMA-Strong

AlexStevenson_2-1686834185544.jpeg

Netflix has been cracking down on password sharing among users. While it might not be too popular with users, Netflix's password-sharing crackdown is off to a fantastic start in the US. In the first six days after the clampdown went into effect, Netflix user registration numbers have been among the highest in the companyā€™s history.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the names for the Amazon generative AI tool that you came up with. I asked ChatGPT for some names, and here are some of them, but I think your (human-generated) names are better!

• AmaGENT
  • ProfitProphet
  • PrimeGenius
  • AmazeMind

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the names for the Amazon generative AI tool that you came up with. I asked ChatGPT for some names, and here are some of them, but I think your (human-generated) names are better!

• AmaGENT
  • ProfitProphet
  • PrimeGenius
  • AmazeMind

Thanks @Paul Zimmerman! Good thinking, as always. A couple of these I like as well.