cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This Week in Tech: June 15th, 2023

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In a possible response to our own Paul Zimmerman’s Developer's Delight World Premiere Video, an Apple Exec stole the show at the company’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference with a guitar solo.

AlexStevenson_0-1686834185537.jpeg

Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering, throws down the gauntlet.

See the link in the Twitter post below for the video.

AI Race.png

image generated with DALL-E generative AI

In other news, Amazon is reported to be rushing to catch-up in the heated AI race, which has seen Microsoft take off to a commanding lead with ChatGPT and Google trailing with their conversational AI service: Bard.

Leaked internal documents (who does that?) from Amazon are said to show it scrambling to find ways to use ChatGPT in their workflows. Reportedly, Amazon will soon feature a ChatGPT-type search bar for Amazon shoppers. There is no word yet if Amazon will develop their own generative AI. If they do, I propose the following names for it:

AskMeSumpin

Am-I-Wrong

Prime-O-Data

AMA-Strong

AlexStevenson_2-1686834185544.jpeg

Netflix has been cracking down on password sharing among users. While it might not be too popular with users, Netflix's password-sharing crackdown is off to a fantastic start in the US. In the first six days after the clampdown went into effect, Netflix user registration numbers have been among the highest in the company’s history.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the names for the Amazon generative AI tool that you came up with. I asked ChatGPT for some names, and here are some of them, but I think your (human-generated) names are better!

• AmaGENT
  • ProfitProphet
  • PrimeGenius
  • AmazeMind

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the names for the Amazon generative AI tool that you came up with. I asked ChatGPT for some names, and here are some of them, but I think your (human-generated) names are better!

• AmaGENT
  • ProfitProphet
  • PrimeGenius
  • AmazeMind

Thanks @Paul Zimmerman! Good thinking, as always. A couple of these I like as well.