cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

active environments launched from this blueprint reached

andrewcode3
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to launch sandbox.  Trying to run Cisco modeling lab.  Get Limit for active environments launched from this blueprint reached.  Please try later.  I have been trying for 3 days, different time of days, no luck.  Any advice? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrewcode3,

Apologies for the inconvenience here. 

We have just switched to a new sandbox platform and it will take a few days for us to reach a steady state. We are still running a bunch of CML instances in our old system which will gradually end over the coming days. For capacity reasons, we cannot make CML available on the system until this happens. 
We will update the community when CML is available again. Be aware of two things though. There will still be an upper limit of concurrent CML labs we can run. This is due to the large footprint of CML. Secondly, there is no scheduler on our new system so its first come first serve. This is the case for all sandbox labs.
Thanks for your patients, 
Joseph Kearns 
Sandbox Support. 

View solution in original post

48 Replies 48

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrewcode3,

Apologies for the inconvenience here. 

We have just switched to a new sandbox platform and it will take a few days for us to reach a steady state. We are still running a bunch of CML instances in our old system which will gradually end over the coming days. For capacity reasons, we cannot make CML available on the system until this happens. 
We will update the community when CML is available again. Be aware of two things though. There will still be an upper limit of concurrent CML labs we can run. This is due to the large footprint of CML. Secondly, there is no scheduler on our new system so its first come first serve. This is the case for all sandbox labs.
Thanks for your patients, 
Joseph Kearns 
Sandbox Support. 

Why was the scheduled reservation system removed?

Hi Timhendricks, 

Thanks for your question.

Our new portal does not natively come with a scheduler unfortunately. We have a request in to have this added in future releases. 
Our plan is to add more capacity in 2024 so that our users can get what they need. This is always a challenge however with larger sandboxes putting increasing pressure on compute resources. 
Joe

Very Agile approach

I love when a new software has a more beautiful design and UI but less functionality compared to what it is replacing.

I have país access to they plataforma throught proydesa institute.  I have been una le to gain access frim december 2023 . . Two month have passed . When would i be able to access. My certificación depends on the práctica

@pablodeleeuw unsure what you mean by paid access, there is nothing on devnet/developer which requires payment - all sandboxes and learning labs are free to use for everyone.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Well , i paid for a course in the proydesa institute. In argentina wich is related with práctices in sandbox plataforma. In order to get certificated (ccnp) i need to práctice a Lot. So would You léase could tell me when would i be able to gain access. Please ? I been trying from december 2023 and i wasn't succed on it

@pablodeleeuw i understand - but here is the thing. You have paid for a course with another vendor/trainer who has built and sold you a course which uses Cisco's free resources, not their own resources and therefore Cisco has no obligation here. The vendor is selling and making profit from Cisco's free resources. 

All sandboxes are on a first come first served basis for all the community to use, there is no SLA here.

Hope this helps.

Is there a way to access the old sandbox platform while we wait for the new sandbox to reach a steady state because I feel like it was premature to add CML in the catalogue if it's not yet ready.

@lebokarel this isnt possible no.

Hi. Can at least telll when would ir be ready to go AND reserve ir aproximatly?

dminet02
Level 1
Level 1

Will there be enough capacity that users will be able to easily open an lab? I could be wrong.... But with no reservation system, it will be too easily to abuse the system and folks will have to honker down in-front of their PCs hoping to get in.

Definitely agree, I've been suffering from being unable to launch the enviornment with obtaining the same error message as titled till now, have no idea what I can further do....

msanghera6
Level 1
Level 1

It now says "Environment Launch was Denied" instead of the older "active environments launched from this blueprint reached" message