cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DevNet Meraki Sandbox (Small Biz) devices are not connected to Cloud

Jeremy Schulman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All - First time user of the DevNet Meraki Sandbox system.  I have a reservation with the "Small Business" sandbox active.  When I login to the Meraki portal, the devices are all reporting that they are not connected to the Meraki Cloud.  See attached screenshot.

I am wondering if the Sandbox environment is offline / undergoing any maintenance.  Or if there is something specific about the sandbox environment that I need to do in order to get the devices to connected with the Cloud.  

I appreciate your help and guidance.

Thank you!
-- Jeremy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mdenapol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jeremy,

I've answered on your twitter post https://twitter.com/nwkautomaniac/status/1472203675032596483

But for completeness

"I apologize for the lack of clarity in the instructions, but we made the decision about a year ago to make those environments *virtual* because we didn't have the resources to support the equipment and the API "lessons" can still be taught without having the actual equipment connected. You can still perform all config/provisioning APIs with success, but the monitoring APIs will lack data coming back for sure (although this was always the case as no actual traffic ran over those labs). Now, if you have a specific use case you'd like to try out that requires live equipment, please comment here we can chat about options. Thanks for understanding and again, sorry for the lack of clarity here."

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mdenapol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jeremy,

I've answered on your twitter post https://twitter.com/nwkautomaniac/status/1472203675032596483

But for completeness

"I apologize for the lack of clarity in the instructions, but we made the decision about a year ago to make those environments *virtual* because we didn't have the resources to support the equipment and the API "lessons" can still be taught without having the actual equipment connected. You can still perform all config/provisioning APIs with success, but the monitoring APIs will lack data coming back for sure (although this was always the case as no actual traffic ran over those labs). Now, if you have a specific use case you'd like to try out that requires live equipment, please comment here we can chat about options. Thanks for understanding and again, sorry for the lack of clarity here."