Views
Helpful
Replies

DevNet sandbox website return empty result

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team, 

This morning I noticed our sandbox website is returning empty result for both Catalog and Environments. I tried to visit this website from different machines, and different network, but all failed for the same. Do we know what happened and when can service be back to normal? Thanks!

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/DevNet 

dongzhao2024_0-1709652000056.png

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/DevNet/environments

stuck at this loading icon

dongzhao2024_1-1709652032692.png

cc @dekwan  @ zowu for help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Will just be a temporary glitch/update being done, would check back a couple hours.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

sampsoniteep3
Level 1
Level 1

Although this worked for me this morning, I tore down one of my sandbox environments and tried to spin up another but nothing is returned anymore. very odd.

Will just be a temporary glitch/update being done, would check back a couple hours.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

thanks, i noticed a planned maintenance window was announced at the log in window but missed it initially.

The planned maintenance is for March 15th and/or 16th, according to the banner.  This is just regular "unexpected" maintenance, I guess.

I only run these labs for a few days every few months usually, but about half the time there's something broken.

+1 for observation on my part, i read 5th at a glance. doh. Thank you for clarifying. I need to work for a week off one of these, is that unrealistic?

It is not unrealistic to have a lab up for a week with no significant problems, at least once you get it up. 

Granted I only spin up 2 or 3 labs (for a few days at a time) in little groups separated usually by a few months of doing nothing with them, so maybe my experience isn't typical.  But ...

It is not uncommon to have to try to start a lab a couple of times.  It seems there's about a 25% rate of "failed to start lab", at least in the pcce/pccx/ucce/uccx related labs, but usually you just cancel/stop the broken one, and 5 minutes later you can try again and it'll usually be fine.

Rarely, everything looks OK with the lab but when you try to do things you find it's broken.  Tear it down, restart it, it's almost always fine then.  And while annoying, in both of these cases it becomes obvious something's wrong pretty quickly and it's only an extra few minutes to click the buttons again.

Once it's up and running they're usually OK for the most part, and any problems you may have are typical something around the web ui or access to them, are transient and are short lived, sort of like the one we're having now.  The machines on the back end seem to generally be running fine, so except for those few times I've seen the VPN be unconnectable for an hour here or an hour there, most won't stop you from doing what you need to do as long as you remember the IP of where you need to go. 

But as mentioned the majority of the problems I've had have been at lab instantiation, not once it's actually up and running.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We are aware of the bumps in the road for the pcce/uccx sandboxes. The contact center solution is fairly complex and requires a lot of timing in the order of starting of the services. The reservation and start up of these sandboxes are automated so it is hard to know when certain services are up to do the next start up. Unfortunately there aren't simple APIs to check each step of the way before proceeding.

Just to reiterate what @rich  said, most of the time if you run into an issue, it is a simple restart of vm or services to get everything in a good state. Once in a while, there isn't anything you can do and you just need to tear down and reserve again.

Thanx,

Denise

No problem at all, it would appear the global internet outage that occurred 2 days ago may have had something to do with it as well. Appreciate your time in responding.

Thank you so much for this. really appreciate your time.

rich21
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, I think everything's back working again?  Give it a try if you haven't.

dongzhao2024
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for the response! The webpage is returning content now (although seems a bit slow). Resolving this issue.