cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence API (BOSH/CAXL vs CUCM/REST)

steven.smith
Level 1
Level 1

We are developing a web application that will show all of our company users along with their web presence.  This will be used by around 100 users concurrently.  However, the users are also logged in to the Jabber client.  Since I dont want to use their individual jabber credentials to log in (I believe this will conflict with the jabber client login), I am using a generic account.  However, it seems that I can only have one active session that is listening to subscribed user events, etc.

Am I going about this the wrong way?  If I use the Presence Web Services (REST) does it get around this restriction?  (Feel free to say "hey dummy, you have the cart before the horse, you should be doing <something better>!")  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi Stephen,

I'm afraid this forum is only used for Devnet Sandbox issues. We do not support partner on prem issues.

Just a comment on your use case. I am not sure it is valid as I have not tested that scenario before. It seems that you would have to have all the 100 CSF jabber devices associated with that one generic user in the CUCM. I am not exactly sure how that would work.

Joe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephen,

Can you tell me what Sandbox you are using for this testing?

Joe

Thanks for the quick reply Joe!  I actually am using this with our on prem CUPS server right now ($localCups:7335/httpbinding).  It is working well for a single login. 

hi Stephen,

I'm afraid this forum is only used for Devnet Sandbox issues. We do not support partner on prem issues.

Just a comment on your use case. I am not sure it is valid as I have not tested that scenario before. It seems that you would have to have all the 100 CSF jabber devices associated with that one generic user in the CUCM. I am not exactly sure how that would work.

Joe

Got ya, ok my mistake!  I will post this in the appropriate forum, thanks!

No problem Stephen,

Please fell free to do some testing in our Sandbox at any time.

Regards ,

Joe

https://developer.cisco.com/sandbox