cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH directly into devices in CML

tony.curtis
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any way to SSH into the CML labs?  I have tried using the external connector, but cannot connect to the IP address received over DHCP.  Any tips on direct connection?  Also, is it possible to connect directly to a console port, rather than use the WebUI.  I am looking to do some program testing in the sandbox.

3 Replies 3

If you have enabled SSH on the router/switch - once connected on the VPN you should be able to SSH directly to your network devices. Hope this helps.
Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

I am also trying to do this but am missing something? 

CSR connected to external connector 

Gi4 picks up a DHCP address 

Enable username / ssh 

If I try to connect to this 192.168.255.x address it fails 

When I use the default lab all the connectivity goes to 10.10.20 address but can't figure how it's been setup?

I believe the solution is to set the external connector to Bridged mode, rather than NAT. 
If you use DHCP this should give your IOS device inside CML an IP address within the same range as your CML VM. 

In my instances CML VM is 192.168.144.50 and DHCP gave my IOS 192.168.144.59. 
You most likely should be able to ping both IPs from your windows machine at this point.

From there you can now pretty much set up SSH as you normally would on a device. 
hostname HST
ip domain-name DMN.com,
username ME priv 15 sec UBER,
crypto key gen rsa mod 2048
vty line 0 4
 transport input ssh
 login local

Then test. It should work. 

Kindest Regards,
Ian Tony Birchall
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: