cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is DNA Advanced license for

Windson.chan
Level 1
Level 1

I have bought a C9300 24-T switch, i update my license to Network advanced and DNA Advanced.

But what is the DNA advanced license for?

I have searched many materials and is there a software DNA Center?

But i cannot find how to download it and connect my switch.

thank you

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gaur Samal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA Advantage licence is used in Devices ( switches and routers ) by which it delivers 

policy-based automation with SD Access, monitoring, and Cisco DNA Assurance. more details of licencing and difference between DNA advantage and essentials can be found below : 

All this can be done via Cisco DNA Center which is a hardware appliance above which we need to install DNA Center software. More details about DNA center can be found at : 

View solution in original post

You will get more information about the switches that have the Advantage license vs Essentials.

With smart licensing, you don't need to install the license at all. Just activate it via CLI or via DNA-C template, and DNA-C can monitor and manage the license usage.

@Preston Chilcote 

Thank you once again. So I will have to apply below command to activate license.

license right-to-use activate addon dna-essentials subscription all acceptEULA

Even on old switches - 2960 / 3850 which are in production and which will be only monitored by DNAC will have to apply above command.

Regards,

Pranav 

8 Replies 8

Gaur Samal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA Advantage licence is used in Devices ( switches and routers ) by which it delivers 

policy-based automation with SD Access, monitoring, and Cisco DNA Assurance. more details of licencing and difference between DNA advantage and essentials can be found below : 

All this can be done via Cisco DNA Center which is a hardware appliance above which we need to install DNA Center software. More details about DNA center can be found at : 

I have query how can we check license installed on DNAC box & on smart licensing portal.I could see licenses for switches on portal but not for DNAC box

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA Advantage licence as compared to Essential provided advanced features along with basic features to DNA center for policy-based automation, Cisco DNA Assurance. You can go with ala carte which is only Cisco Advantage licensing else you can opt for Cisco ONE advantage, which bundles Cisco ONE along with advantage licences, plus you get ISE base+ ISE plus, Stealthwatch lic. as add on. You have to purchase the DNA center license also DNA center is not available as software to download it is available as hardware only. Please check below links for more information on DNA Avantage :-

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-1/admin/b_dnac_admin_guide_1_1/b_dnac_admin_guide_1_1_chapter_0101.html

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/guide-c07-739242.html

These links provide complete overview on Ordering information of DNA center as well.

But if we want to only do monitoring of devices via assurance. Do we need to install DNA Advantage license in switches? 

Initially we are planning to use current old inventory only , So we will do monitoring as of now and SD Access later.

@pranav,

DNA Essentials license provides basic device monitoring for switches.  However, most of the value of Analytics and Assurance comes with DNA Advantage, especially if you want to monitor health of applications.

@Preston Chilcote 

Thank you for clarification. However I will have to install Advantage license only in DNAC box or in each every switch which I am planning to monitor via DNAC?

And if I need to install in switch then can I do it from DNAC or Cisco smart Portal or need to SSH in switch via CLI?

You will get more information about the switches that have the Advantage license vs Essentials.

With smart licensing, you don't need to install the license at all. Just activate it via CLI or via DNA-C template, and DNA-C can monitor and manage the license usage.

@Preston Chilcote 

Thank you once again. So I will have to apply below command to activate license.

license right-to-use activate addon dna-essentials subscription all acceptEULA

Even on old switches - 2960 / 3850 which are in production and which will be only monitored by DNAC will have to apply above command.

Regards,

Pranav