Views
Helpful
Replies

lost access

write2zohra
Level 1
Level 1

hi!!

i recently had to factory data reset my phone and lost all access to qr codes,backup codes.i set up duo for my Instagram accounts and now i cannot access them.I have phone number,gmail connected to my accounts but can't access duo acc.It keeps asking for a password but i dont remember setting one as i just used the activation qr provided.Ive been emailing duo, Instagram,meta services nonstop but no help!please assist me 

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This article in the Duo Knowledge Base contains our recommended course of action:

What do I do if I’m locked out of Instagram, Facebook, or another third-party Duo Mobile account? 

Duo Support cannot help you get into third-party services. They do not have any backup codes or way to restore your accounts.

Duo, not DUO.

so now i cant access my accounts??

You'll need to work with the providers of those accounts to regain access.

When you set up two-factor authentication did you save the recovery or backup codes provided by the app you were setting up to use with Duo Mobile?

Like, the Instagram help center says this:

Note: After you've turned on two-factor authentication, you'll be able to see login requests and remove trusted devices. If you lose access to your phone or email address and are unable to get login codes, you can use a backup code to log in. Learn more about login codes.

Did you already try using Duo Mobile's restore option to try to get your Duo mobile OTP accounts back? https://guide.duo.com/duo-restore

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links