Views
Helpful
Replies

Sluggish Duo Auth with Cisco Secure 5 client

mauricej341
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We're using Duo auth with a Cisco FTD/ASA and the Secure Client 5.

Recently we have noticed that there has been a noticeable delay between the time that we enter our password in Secure Client 5 (on Windows 11 clients) to connect to the VPN, and when the Duo Push popup on mobile devices comes up, where we have to enter a PIN.   This used to occur almost instantaneously, and for the past few weeks, it takes 10-15 seconds for the mobile popup to appear - even if the mobile app is opened first.    It's not a huge deal but has prompted some on our end to ask why.   We're using two Duo proxies on Linux machines.   I don't see a delay with the Duo push when logging in to Duo Admin or with Duo for Windows Login.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and/or has an idea of what might be causing that delay.

EDIT: I believe I found the culprit for this and resolved

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ccieexpert
Level 1
Level 1

what was the culprit ? curious... the logs on DUO proxy and ASA, and client DART may show something

There was a process on one of our Duo proxy servers that was using an abnormally high amount of CPU time, I believe it was a GDM related process.  After killing it, auth was noticeably quicker.    I can't say for certain if that was the cause, or if it was just a coincidence.

Quick Links