Views
Helpful
Replies

'0x0' body.scan

davidbart8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have received a warning for unscannable due to antivirus timeout , when I searched within the logs I found this :

'0x0' body.scan

I tried to increase the timeout but  I still receive this warning frequently , this is happening mostly for xls attachment any idea ???

3 Replies 3

srussell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

Can you post the version of AsyncOS your appliance is running?

What are you seeing in the mail logs?  From the CLI if you run:

ESA> grep "unscannable" mail_logs

Steve Russell

RTP - Content Security

Hi Steven

I am running on 7.6.2-014 , I can find this in mail_logs

This message was treated as unscannable because scanning exceeded the configured Anti-Virus

timeout period (120).

Message ######## scanned by Anti-Virus engine Sophos. Interim verdict: UNSCANNABLE

Message ######## is unscannable by Anti-Virus engine. '0x' body.scan

David -

If you can, please provide the complete message tracking, or mail_logs snippet for this, or other failed XLS attached messages. 

Also - with the messages you are seeing this occurring on...

+ Are they usually from the same sender? 

+ What is the complete message size?

+ What version of AsyncOS is your appliance running?

+ Have you verified the lastest engine/ruleset is in play on the appliance(s)?  Run 'avstatus' - or, run a 'force update to assure the lastest is running ---> 'antivirusupdate force'

It is possible that the files may be have either malformed MIME parts or deeply nested MIME - which may be treated as unreadable by the Sophos engine --- in which case, we would need to get the file itself submitted direct to Sophos for review and possibly updating the engine associated with our OS.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: