cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asyncos 12 ESA web gui slow to render content_filters

jch
Level 1
Level 1

Rendering of the incoming_content_filters through the web gui for ESA is taking over a minute. Other pages download quickly. Using web developer tools in the browser to provide information, for example

HAT overview - 1.54s

RAT overview - 2.08s

incoming_content_filters - 1.4m

system_status (including reports) - 15s

The developer tools show the majority of the time is in waiting for the first byte to be returned - "Waiting (FTTB) - 1.3m" in the above example. Tried with chrome, firefox and IE with the same pattern.

Any thoughts from the community as to what might be causing this?

There doesn't seem to have been a gradual slow down - it has gone from acceptable to almost unusable in the last week.

We have over 100 content filters applied over various policies - is there some critical number of filters/policies where response time drops significantly that people have run into? I'm assuming the page has to be compiled before being rendered so maybe something else on the box is interfering? However, the system_status has reports that have to be assembled before rendering and they don't take much time.

I've searched google and come up with nothing specifically regarding this issue. There was a comment for version 9 around reporting slowing things down but that isn't relevant as far as I can tell in our situation. If someone has any pointers that would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

gkumarj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jch,

Since you have over 100 plus content filters created it can add latency to load the page. However, you can login to the cli of the appliance check the gui_logs while accessing the site to see if there is any delay in receiving or sending response from ESA. You can as well open TAC case to check the logs from backend while accessing the content_filter.

Rgds,

Gagan