Views
Helpful
Replies

C160 couldn't open after firmware upgrade

mehmethyeni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a problem with our ironport C160 product. When we power on the device, it is starting its services and replies pings you can see from (1).

After that, it doesn’t ping no more and web page couldn’t open. For testing this issue, I connected a console cable to the device from its serial port. It starts asyncos services, then gives an error like (2)

Last night, I upgraded its firmware. It took approximately 2-3 hours and when upgrading process finished I rebooted the device. After I opened and saw the new version installed, I shut down the device from CLI.

Today, it couldn’t open. What can it be originated from and how can we solve this problem?

Thanks,

Mehmet.

3 Replies 3

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mahmet.

This is showing corruption in the system files, you may need to log an RMA request.

Thanks,

Donny

Hi Donny,

A couple of people have said ironport needs RMA. But, fortunately the appliance has started to work. Now, It operates like nothing happened interestingly.

Thank you,

Mehmet.

Hi Mahmet,

Good to know that the C160 is now working.

Maybe you can check the hard drives stataus from System status or run 'version' from CLI.

You can also log a support case for IronPort engineer to look into what could have caused the system interuption if you wish.

Thanks,

Donny