cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C190 replacement

ihab-bm
Level 1
Level 1

Please, I would like to know the most recent replacement product for the Cisco Email Security Appliance C190, also in an appliance form

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

I have already checked these documents; I found that the replacement for the ESA C190 appliance is the ESA C195, which itself is now in end of sales. Then, I checked the replacements for the ESA C195 at this link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security-appliance/email-security-x95-hardware-appliance-eol.html

And the document says: 'Customers can choose to migrate to Cisco Email Secure gateway virtual appliances, migrate to Cisco Secure Email Cloud gateway, or Email Threat Defense solution. For existing customers who would like to move from an x95 to a virtual appliance, we’ve created a guide which provides a 1:1 comparison as well as scaling scenarios for 1K, 10K, 50K, and 100K user counts using Cisco UCS Hardware. Please reach out to ask-email-security@cisco.com to request the guide.' So, I want to make sure I understand correctly that the only solution is to have a Cisco UCS server and install a virtual ESA version on it, or is there another alternative?

I haven't heard anyone come right out and say it, but yeah, either install it on a box as a VM, move to cloud CES or if using O365, move to ETD.

I feel like this plan didn't take into account that Broadcom would take away the free ESXi option.

So currently there is no ESA replacement for the C190 ?

There is no HARDWARE replacement.
All new installations have to be virtual.

Thank you !