Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Run schedule commands in CLI

group2xxx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear Support

I have a problem for updating ESA modules (Anti-Spam and Sophos Anti-Virus) that is scheduled update in GUI, but when i run "updatenow force" and "talosupdate force" in CLI, all modules become fully update. Is there any way for scheduling above commands in CLI mode?

Best Regards, Janet

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can write script out of the box to Login to ESA and run that commands. get save results in file.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji

Thanks for response, could you please describe more & is possible, give me some guide and samples?

Thanks

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello group2

Balaji is correct in writing an SSH script to execute the commands; you can do it in batch if you need to - however my concerns would be why are you looking to force update routinely?

Unless there are continuing network issues that forces the ESA to fall behind on several updates and inturn causes the 'most recent package' and causing the service to pause; that would be the main circumstance to run these commands.

Otherwise your ESA should (unless configured differently) reach out every 5 minutes to grab the latest definition/rules updates; which you can validate inside the updater_logs if needed.

A force update basically makes it redownload all available engines/packages from scratch.

Regards,

Mathew