cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Recipients of Email to a different list of users

Blackhawk1278
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am trying to use the "change recipient to" action to alter the recipients of an email.  Right now I have my NMS server sending emails every time a configuration change occurs but some groups don't want to see the configuration changes made by other groups so I am attempting to change the to field based on the subject of the message.  It looks like the "change recipient to" action should do this but every time I have tested so far the email isn't altered and still goes to the same people in the original message.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. This one is a bit hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the pieces. 

I'm going to assume you mean recipient modification using a Content Filter action? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the filter and condition/action details?

Some things to check...

• Make sure the Content Filter has been applied to a Mail Policy and is enabled
  • Confirm the email in question is hitting the correct Mail Policy
  • Our filter conditions are case sensitive and do take Regular Expression into account, which can sometimes lead to 'false' results and a filter not being triggered

Thanks!

-Dennis M. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. This one is a bit hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the pieces. 

I'm going to assume you mean recipient modification using a Content Filter action? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the filter and condition/action details?

Some things to check...

• Our filter conditions are case sensitive and do take Regular Expression into account, which can sometimes lead to 'false' results and a filter not being triggered

Thanks!

-Dennis M. 

Thanks for answering me Dennis, id like to avoid sending a screenshot since there's a lot of sensitive details id have to strip out but to answer your questions

The filter is applied and enabled and I can see in the Mail tracker that the email is hitting the content filter but it appears like instead of stripping out the current list of recipients like I would expect it is just adding the one I specify.  Since the emails are automated by our NMS they look very similar so I am filtering on the subject line where the name of the device will be listed. So that would be something like

Condition subject header = PAN-01

Action = alt-rcpt-to XXX@mail.mil 

I'm not sure if it matters but the original email would have about 10 other addresses including the "XXX@mail.mil"

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Do you happen to know if this email is hitting multiple mail policies since you mentioned multiple recipient addresses? I tested in my lab and it seemed to work as intended with multiple recipients if it was only a single mail policy. If the MID splintered based on several mail policies, then I noticed that the one MID would hit the filter and work as intended, but, the other MIDs hitting the other mail policies would then not hit that filter. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

I Agree With You...

Some things to check...