cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Recipients of Email to a different list of users

Blackhawk1278
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am trying to use the "change recipient to" action to alter the recipients of an email.  Right now I have my NMS server sending emails every time a configuration change occurs but some groups don't want to see the configuration changes made by other groups so I am attempting to change the to field based on the subject of the message.  It looks like the "change recipient to" action should do this but every time I have tested so far the email isn't altered and still goes to the same people in the original message.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. This one is a bit hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the pieces. 

I'm going to assume you mean recipient modification using a Content Filter action? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the filter and condition/action details?

Some things to check...

• Make sure the Content Filter has been applied to a Mail Policy and is enabled
  • Confirm the email in question is hitting the correct Mail Policy
  • Our filter conditions are case sensitive and do take Regular Expression into account, which can sometimes lead to 'false' results and a filter not being triggered

Thanks!

-Dennis M. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. This one is a bit hard to troubleshoot without knowing all the pieces. 

I'm going to assume you mean recipient modification using a Content Filter action? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the filter and condition/action details?

Some things to check...

• Our filter conditions are case sensitive and do take Regular Expression into account, which can sometimes lead to 'false' results and a filter not being triggered

Thanks!

-Dennis M. 

Thanks for answering me Dennis, id like to avoid sending a screenshot since there's a lot of sensitive details id have to strip out but to answer your questions

The filter is applied and enabled and I can see in the Mail tracker that the email is hitting the content filter but it appears like instead of stripping out the current list of recipients like I would expect it is just adding the one I specify.  Since the emails are automated by our NMS they look very similar so I am filtering on the subject line where the name of the device will be listed. So that would be something like

Condition subject header = PAN-01

Action = alt-rcpt-to XXX@mail.mil 

I'm not sure if it matters but the original email would have about 10 other addresses including the "XXX@mail.mil"

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Do you happen to know if this email is hitting multiple mail policies since you mentioned multiple recipient addresses? I tested in my lab and it seemed to work as intended with multiple recipients if it was only a single mail policy. If the MID splintered based on several mail policies, then I noticed that the one MID would hit the filter and work as intended, but, the other MIDs hitting the other mail policies would then not hit that filter. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

I Agree With You...

Some things to check...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: