cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C000V to C100V

KevinKRoy
Level 1
Level 1

I am moving for a C000V to C100V I have the VM up and running but when a loadlicense I get:

You could not load the license file in the appliance because it did not contain a cloud feature key. You can retry to load the license file with a cloud feature key.

2 Replies 2

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

did the license work on the c00v ?

it is best to contact cisco licensing licensing@cisco.com or open a TAC case..

you can also try a eval license just for testing:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-virtual-appliance/118301-technote-esa-00.html

I did open a case with TAC and got the information that since 15.5.1-055 the load license command was no longer necessary because it only accepts Smart Licensing. From that version they told med that I should run systemsetup to set up the machine then register it to our smart account..... But one thing is for sure, that doesn't work.

If I run systemsetup it says that I have to run loadlicense first, if I do that and trying to use the licensing file, I get You could not load the license file in the appliance because it did not contain a cloud feature key.

We did end up downloading the 15.0.0-104 version whish don't need to be smartlicensed, ran the loadlicense and systemsetup, then we registered it to our smart account and upgraded to 15.5.1-055. It sucks, but it was the only way forward we could find. TAC still says systemsetup should work though.

Michael