Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ESA Virtual Appliance Support and supported hardware platform

JohnLo31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all !

As described in Virtual Appliance install guide, Hardware Requirements for VMWare ESXi Deployments are the following :

"Cisco UCS servers are the supported hardware platform."

Does that mean that no support will be provided if Virtual Appliance is installed on different hardware ?

Could understand a “Best Effort” basis is provided on hardware platform, or does this mean that no support will be provided on Virtual Appliance too  ?

If support will be applied, is there any document that confim that ?

Thanks for reading 

John

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does that mean that now support will be provided if Virtual Appliance is installed on different hardware ?

as long as exsi verison supported, i do not see any issue any hardware.

Other hardware platforms are supported on a “Best Effort” basis: we will try to help you, but it may not be possible to reproduce all problems, and we cannot guarantee a solution.

- as long as they are good compute i do not see any issue at all, i see cisco point of view they test their hardware since they have more visibility - other vendor if you using similar compure like RAM / CPU and SSD you should be ok.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Many thank's for your response. I wrote too quickly sorry

Is it to be understood that a "best effort" basis is provided on the hardware platform only, or does this mean that no support will also be provided on the virtual appliance ?

as i mentioned before - best effort always based on the hardware you using or cisco have not tested all hardware (that is the reason i see they mentioned best effort)

they do support for image, not for hardware performance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help