Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WSA S695 The daemon is not responding

Weiwen_17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I was performing a firmware upgrade for WSA S695 to version 12.5.0-678. after the upgrade completed. And when I try to resetconfig. I got the following error Failed to reset the configuration. The error was: The daemon is not responding.

Any advice on how we can troubleshoot this daemon issue? Thank you.

Best Regards

Raymond

4 Replies 4

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raymond,

I believe fastest thing to recover is to actually factory default the device with revert to previous working release, and restore your config afterwards. After that, you can attempt again to make sure it was not some glitch.

I faced a similar issue with SMA recently, with upgrade to 13.8.1, and in my case, I was hitting CSCvw91888 (I had custom log configured, which was breaking the upgrade, multiple times). I don't know if it affects other versions than stated, but maybe you can validate it too.

Otherwise, you'll need to resolve this with TAC.

BR,

Milos

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the  >status output (this could be bug)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Weiwen_17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Thanks for all the possible solutions provided. The issue got resolved after several reboot of the appliance.

Best Regards 

Raymond

jemstump12
Level 1
Level 1

The WSA policy configuration has implications not only for security ... controllers and the first to respond will be used for authentication. ... system and application update daemons to transfer small portions of a file at a time.