Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster problem

Aljosa Pocic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to set up cluster of two C170 appliances. I run cluster config on first appliance and create new cluster (IP address and port 22 are used for communication) then I try to add second appliance to cluster (clusterconfig -> n -> 3 -> IP -> 22) but unsuccessfully. I always get timeout for clusterconfig command. Both appliances are in the same subnet, I'm able to telnet from second to first appliance to port 22 and I'm using latest AsyncOS - 7.5.2. Any ideas what to check?

Regards,

Aljosa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aljosa,

can you please verify that both appliances and IP addresses in use have an A and PTR record set up in the DNS? This is a prerequisite and most likely the reason when running into connection timeouts.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aljosa,

can you please verify that both appliances and IP addresses in use have an A and PTR record set up in the DNS? This is a prerequisite and most likely the reason when running into connection timeouts.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Aljosa Pocic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thnx it was problem with dns server. Althougth I use IP address for cluster connection "wrong" dns entry couses timeout.

Br, Aljosa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: