Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster problem

Aljosa Pocic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to set up cluster of two C170 appliances. I run cluster config on first appliance and create new cluster (IP address and port 22 are used for communication) then I try to add second appliance to cluster (clusterconfig -> n -> 3 -> IP -> 22) but unsuccessfully. I always get timeout for clusterconfig command. Both appliances are in the same subnet, I'm able to telnet from second to first appliance to port 22 and I'm using latest AsyncOS - 7.5.2. Any ideas what to check?

Regards,

Aljosa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aljosa,

can you please verify that both appliances and IP addresses in use have an A and PTR record set up in the DNS? This is a prerequisite and most likely the reason when running into connection timeouts.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aljosa,

can you please verify that both appliances and IP addresses in use have an A and PTR record set up in the DNS? This is a prerequisite and most likely the reason when running into connection timeouts.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Aljosa Pocic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thnx it was problem with dns server. Althougth I use IP address for cluster connection "wrong" dns entry couses timeout.

Br, Aljosa