cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

content filter variable name

phil foster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a content filter that has many condiitons that are walked through.

I am creating a notification alert to let me know when that content filter is triggered.

I would like to deliniate on which condition of the filter triggered an action in my notification.

I have the variable list from the Cisco Ironport AsyncOS 7.0 for Email Advanced Configuration Guide,

but I do not see a variable for condition in there. Is it possible to capture that for notification purposes?

thank you for your time.

-phil foster. 

6 Replies 6

jgandla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Phil,

If you want to get notified when the content filter gets triggered by a message, then you can simply create something like the following filter:

Filter Name:  test

Conditions:

body-contains("testing", 1)

Actions:

notify ("admin@domain.com", "Notification - Matched TEST filter")

drop()

The notification will be sent out as one of the actions.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Jyothi Gandla

Customer Support Engineer

viahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

The variable will be '$MatchedContent', and it is available in the variable list for notification template if you are running 7.x version.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Viquar

Customer Support Engineer

Sorry, I don't think you read my note quite carefully. I know about $MatchedContent, I want to know if there is a similar variable for the condition in a content filter.

My apologies Phil, but variables option is only available through notification which can be used in 'action' of the filter but not in conditions.

Thanks,

Viquar

Viahmed:

I *am* attempting to create a notification, based on the condition triggered in a filter. Please take a moment to carefully re-read my original question.

HI Phil,

In order to assist you better, lets discuss this further on phone. I am going to create support ticket for you and contact you soon.

Thanks,

Viquar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: