cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRES Outage?

KFrank
Level 1
Level 1

Was there an issue with the CRES service after 4pm EST yesterday? A few users reported bouncebacks that have the message:

#< #5.0.0 smtp; 5.x.3 - Temporary PXE Encryption failure. Please try resending the message. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator. (Encryption operation expired due to key server communication problems or resource constraints.) (delivery attempts: 19)> #SMTP#

I tried doing a test encrypted message this morning at 7:30am and it behaved normally. Just wondering if there was an issue yesterday.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yesterday - we did experience issues with an PXE engine upgrade that was pushed out.  The resulting error you list was the main focus from many other customers.  We did resolve the issue yesterday afternoon with a rollback of the engine upgrade.  We are pending further information at this time.  

If you are still experiencing issues with encryption through CRES via your ESA(s) - please open a support case.

I'll post further information as I have it provided.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yesterday - we did experience issues with an PXE engine upgrade that was pushed out.  The resulting error you list was the main focus from many other customers.  We did resolve the issue yesterday afternoon with a rollback of the engine upgrade.  We are pending further information at this time.  

If you are still experiencing issues with encryption through CRES via your ESA(s) - please open a support case.

I'll post further information as I have it provided.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)