Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying oldest message in queue

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

We just installed a C370 on our primary MX last night and it working great!!!!

My question is, looking at the "System Status" page, I'm showing that I have a message(s) in the queue that are 14 hours old.  Is there a way to "display" all messages that are in this queue?  Is there something other than "Message Tracking" to show why it has not sent?  What is the best way to delete them if they need to be?

This is a great product and have been able to find most everything that we needed, but this is one of our last "stumbling blocks".

Thanks in advance for the quick response!!

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jgandla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Doug,

To view what is the oldest message in queue, you can run the command "oldmessage" from the CLI. In order to view all the messages in the delivery queue, you can run "tophosts" command then select "Active Recipients" and this commands lists all the top 20 domains.There are several methods you can choose to run to find out what happened to a message by looking at mail logs. Here is a very good KB article that provide information on

"Methods to review the mail logs"

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 1030
http://tinyurl.com/yuoboy

Once you obtain the MID of the oldest message, you can run "removemessage" from the CLI, and delete the message.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------

Jyothi Gandla

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

.:|:.:|:.

c i s c o

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jgandla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Doug,

To view what is the oldest message in queue, you can run the command "oldmessage" from the CLI. In order to view all the messages in the delivery queue, you can run "tophosts" command then select "Active Recipients" and this commands lists all the top 20 domains.There are several methods you can choose to run to find out what happened to a message by looking at mail logs. Here is a very good KB article that provide information on

"Methods to review the mail logs"

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 1030
http://tinyurl.com/yuoboy

Once you obtain the MID of the oldest message, you can run "removemessage" from the CLI, and delete the message.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------

Jyothi Gandla

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

.:|:.:|:.

c i s c o

Jyothi,

Thank you very much.  This is exactly what I needed.  I overlooked the "oldmessage" command because it was in the section talking about Archiving in the "Daily Management Guide".

Thanks for the links!!  We will review them.

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: