cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downtime when creating cluster?

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked around a bit and have not been able to determine if there will be disruption in mail flow during the creation of a cluster? I currently run the ESA virtual appliance and I have the new VM up and running and I have met all the requirements, so from that perspective I am good. I suspect there would be disruption so this might be better suited for the weekend due to downtime or possible issues. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, there typically isn't any downtime.

What you do have to watch out for is if you have differences in your config between boxes.

The first box joined to the cluster sets the cluster level config.

Subsequent boxes joining get the cluster config... so their local config will be overridden...

If you're mixing hardware and virtual ESAs, the pointers for where to get updates are different, so one set (hw or vms) will complain.

If your ESAs are reporting to your AMP cloud account, override that page, set up each one separately. There's currently a bug in there...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

No, there typically isn't any downtime.

What you do have to watch out for is if you have differences in your config between boxes.

The first box joined to the cluster sets the cluster level config.

Subsequent boxes joining get the cluster config... so their local config will be overridden...

If you're mixing hardware and virtual ESAs, the pointers for where to get updates are different, so one set (hw or vms) will complain.

If your ESAs are reporting to your AMP cloud account, override that page, set up each one separately. There's currently a bug in there...

Perfect that makes sense and I believe I have everything I need now! Thank you very much!