Views
Helpful
Replies

Emails cannot received from Internal to External

sdk_io_wps
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We have added the external sender in the RAT of the CISCO ESA so that emails from Internal to External recipients will be delivered.

However, the recipient reported that the email did not receive.

Is there a configuration that needs to be checked?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Most likely you have configured a RELAYED mail flow policy for sending towards external recipients. Emails going through the RELAYED mail flow policy are not checked against the RAT.

View the message tracking to see what is happening with the mail send to the recipient.

sdk_io_wps
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for responding. I have checked the Message Tracking however, I cannot determine if the email was delivered successfully or not.

Message 11381744 to <external recipient> received remote SMTP response'ok: Message 26129092 accepted'.

Is this mean that the email was delivered successfully? If so, what will be the next step?

Yes, it means that the remote smtp server accepted the email. There isn't anything you can do now. The administrators of the remote smtp server should investigate what is happening with that email.

The administrators of the remote smtp server = You mean the Admin of the External Recipient?

Yes.

The mail is send towards a SMTP server belonging to the domain of the recipient (DNS MX record will show those SMTP servers).

You could specify other SMTP servers with SMTP routes (or alt_mailhost), but I don't think you've done that and that's normally not needed for external recipients.