Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA License Query

I have one esa with 500 user license + cluster licenses (free) , now we have brought 2 new esa we got cluster licenses which is free, now I know of I put all this email appliances together then it wil work and share licenses in cluster.

Now question is I want to remove my old ESA with 500 user license , will be 2 new esa will keep working after I remove old esa from cluster?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When you cluster ESA/s they do not share license information. You will need to import the license keys individually for each appliance.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Yes.

Nothing in the ESAs actually track user count.  And the user count licenses are for your enterprise, not per box since, with VMs, you can spin up as many as you want.

Yes correct I m aware about it ,  we do need to share license that means it needs features key actually I stumbled upon document from Cisco which says we can share license and generate pak key for it we need to provide old appliances Sr no & new appliances serial no .  I will try and update status in this case I don't need to bring them in cluster . 

We have a document that goes over sharing license keys from physical to virtual ESA/s. I'm not sure if it's the same process for what you may need. If anything, the best option would be to create a licensing ticket and they can assist you in greater detail.

Hope this helps!

Best Practices For vESA/vSMA/vWSA License Installation

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Yes I have gone through this procedure but somehow it never worked for me ,  when  click on send activation code nothing happens ,  check with Mozilla , chrome and ie finally I opt for licensing team help . 

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When you cluster ESA/s they do not share license information. You will need to import the license keys individually for each appliance.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Oh  I wasn't aware about this ,  so then we need to generate licenses key by providing old and new appliances serial no correct ? 

license team sent me new feature keys all they need is old appliance serial Number and New one.

mgrecner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

how does this work with Smart Licensing?

If we have two ESA appliances in Smart Licensing mode, and have purchased 500 user license,

how do we get the second box consume the same licences as the first box in Smart Software Manager ?

This is not documented anywhere as far as I can tell, which is a shame, as Cisco wants customers to use Smart Licensing, but is not bothering documenting such a common problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: