Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude senders from content filter on Ironport

Daniel Espley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have set our Ironport incoming content filter to quarantine all emails that have exe and zip attachments.  But we still need to receive zip files from some legitimate senders.  How do I exclude some senders from the filter so they can send zip files to us?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Under Mail Policies/Incoming Mail Polices, create a new policy above the one with this filter by clicking Add Policy.  Add the addresses you want it to apply to by using the "Add User" button, then click OK.

That will take you back to the policies page.  Click on the "(use default)" under Content filters for this policy, pick Enable Content filters (customize settings) from the dropdown, then uncheck the one you need to turn off...

Submit/commit/commit... and test it...

View solution in original post

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel,

The easiest way would be to create a separate incoming mail policy, and then add those senders you wish to exclude in the new mail policy. Then, you would simply choose /not/ to include that particular content filter on the new mail policy and leave it disabled.

Let me know if you need any clarification on the above steps.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Under Mail Policies/Incoming Mail Polices, create a new policy above the one with this filter by clicking Add Policy.  Add the addresses you want it to apply to by using the "Add User" button, then click OK.

That will take you back to the policies page.  Click on the "(use default)" under Content filters for this policy, pick Enable Content filters (customize settings) from the dropdown, then uncheck the one you need to turn off...

Submit/commit/commit... and test it...

Great thanks very much, this is what i was looking for.

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel,

The easiest way would be to create a separate incoming mail policy, and then add those senders you wish to exclude in the new mail policy. Then, you would simply choose /not/ to include that particular content filter on the new mail policy and leave it disabled.

Let me know if you need any clarification on the above steps.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Great thanks very much, this is what i was looking for.

You're very welcome! :) I'm glad I could help.

-Dennis M.