Views
Helpful
Replies

File analysis File type support

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was was wondering if file analysis service is able to detect malicious macro in every type of file that the content filter (drop attachment due to macros) is supporting. 

From global settings on file analysis, we see that office docs with macros enabled can be send for analysis. 

However i did not find amy evidence that can analyze macro enabled adobe files as well as OLE file types.

So, the question is file analysis supports the scanning of macro enabled files? If yes, which types.

Any help is appreciated.

Meb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is going to be dependent on which AsyncOS version you're running. With recent versions, you can see all the supported file types and extensions listed within the global Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) settings.

For earlier versions, you can refer to the File Criteria guide, as it expands on the file-types and extensions a bit. 

Hopefully, that helps provide some clarity.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Any advise?

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

This information is not listed anywhere, after research, still no info found. We should know which files are being analyzed and which not. Once I have news, I will update the topic accordingly.  

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is going to be dependent on which AsyncOS version you're running. With recent versions, you can see all the supported file types and extensions listed within the global Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) settings.

For earlier versions, you can refer to the File Criteria guide, as it expands on the file-types and extensions a bit. 

Hopefully, that helps provide some clarity.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: