Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting content filter error - APPEND_DISCLAIMER

mrjelly
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error in CES on the Mail policies menu:

The following content filters have failed to run and are currently disabled.
  • APPEND_DISCLAIMER: ["Text resource 'Internal rule name' unknown"]

any wisdom on what this refers to please?

I have edited the italics text to be generic,

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrjelly
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your help on this, I can confirm the name was correct, however this is a known cisco bug for v 14.

From cisco bug search:

Symptom: After upgrading to AsyncOS version 14.x any attempt to modify content filters where the action is to add a disclaimer or notify with a specific text resource results in the below error message - Warning - The following content filters have failed to run and are currently disabled. - CONTENT FILTER NAME ["Text resource 'TEXT RESOURCE' unknown"] Conditions: ESA with content filters configured for disclaimer or notify action using text resources, upgraded to 14.x under certain configuration scenarios. Workaround: The warning appearing in the UI does not impact working of the filters. Further Problem Description: N/A

thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Does the text resource exist?
Do the names match? (eg did it get renamed?)

mrjelly
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response, yes there is a text resource with the right name and the APPEND_DISCLAIMER rule is referencing it.

The text resource does have content in it

System can not find the text resource. Make sure you are calling it exactly, case sensitive and no extra spaces. For some reason there is some mis-match in the config.

mrjelly
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your help on this, I can confirm the name was correct, however this is a known cisco bug for v 14.

From cisco bug search:

Symptom: After upgrading to AsyncOS version 14.x any attempt to modify content filters where the action is to add a disclaimer or notify with a specific text resource results in the below error message - Warning - The following content filters have failed to run and are currently disabled. - CONTENT FILTER NAME ["Text resource 'TEXT RESOURCE' unknown"] Conditions: ESA with content filters configured for disclaimer or notify action using text resources, upgraded to 14.x under certain configuration scenarios. Workaround: The warning appearing in the UI does not impact working of the filters. Further Problem Description: N/A

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: