cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Grouping content filter condition criteria

Greg Dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to modify an existing content filter that matches on specific keywords in the subject, and auto-encrypts the email. Basically, I'm trying to make it so if a message is from an internal system, and destined for one of our email domains (so basically, it never leaves the organization), then do not encrypt the email, regardless of subject or DLP content. I've created a second mail listener named "Internal", and all our internal systems submit their mail through this listener.

Logically, the condition would be:

(Subject == "x" OR Subject == "y" OR Subject == "z") AND receiving listener != "External"

However I don't see a way to do this in the GUI. Is there a way to accomplish this in the CLI?

Ideally, it would be nice to have *any* mail that comes in through the "Internal" mail listener that's destined for our internal domains to bypass all incoming and outgoing filters (other than our Exchange servers) yet still be scanned for viruses and malware, so if it's easier to do that, then I'm open to that as well.

2 Replies 2

Hello

You can do that with the gui:

First create a dictionnary containing yours subjects x,y and z.

Then create your content filter using "Receiving Listener" condition.

Then add another condition using "Subject Header" condition calling "contains term in content dictionary"

Verify that in the drop-down menu of conditions "apply rule" is selected on "Only if all conditions match"

Add your actions

Best regards

If you don't want to use a dictionary, the fields for the conditions take regex, so for the recipient, you can match against (name1|name2|name3)