cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I unsubscribe from emails when safe unsubscribe never completes?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I get daily emails from various places.  Here is one example.  Monoprice just sent me an email and it has the [BULK] flag on it.  Its like daily promotional stuff that just clutters my inbox.  Oh another one just came in from Cable Organizer with the tag [Marketing] in front of it.

Problem is I can click unsubscribe every day from these but the next day I will STILL receive emails from them.  I can't block these companies all together because I might actually buy something from them and I would want the receipt and tracking info to get to my inbox.

When I click unsubscribe, even if its the link withiin THEIR bottom paragraph, it takes me to a safe unsubscribe link.  It even does this on mobile (like an iPhone).

Cisco Unsubscribe Services

Safe Unsubscribe

Unsubscribing from no-reply@email.monoprice.com is in progress.

But it never really completes.  How can this nuance be avoided?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For example, when I checked 5 minutes later when attempting to unsub from this community platform (bulk), I noticed the following status, which then provided a series of links to use to manually unsubscribe from these mailings.

unsub-manual.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Allesi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the status when you go back later (1 hour for example) and review the link for that unsubscription status?

http://184.94.241.137/us/status/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For example, when I checked 5 minutes later when attempting to unsub from this community platform (bulk), I noticed the following status, which then provided a series of links to use to manually unsubscribe from these mailings.

unsub-manual.png

That's what I had to do.  I didn't realize I could check back later.  I never save those links, so luckily I was on a desktop computer and just minimized that browser window.  I refreshed it later and voila, a link to manually unsubscribe was at the bottom.

They could have put that there in the first place you know.

Hello,

I might be reviving an old thread, but in my case, the safe unsubscribe remain in progress forever, and I don't get the possibility to unsubscribe manually. Maybe half the emails I unsubscribe to go through immediately, and the other half shows the "in progress" page, and never complete. Any idea how I can solve this?

Thank you!