cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I unsubscribe from emails when safe unsubscribe never completes?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I get daily emails from various places.  Here is one example.  Monoprice just sent me an email and it has the [BULK] flag on it.  Its like daily promotional stuff that just clutters my inbox.  Oh another one just came in from Cable Organizer with the tag [Marketing] in front of it.

Problem is I can click unsubscribe every day from these but the next day I will STILL receive emails from them.  I can't block these companies all together because I might actually buy something from them and I would want the receipt and tracking info to get to my inbox.

When I click unsubscribe, even if its the link withiin THEIR bottom paragraph, it takes me to a safe unsubscribe link.  It even does this on mobile (like an iPhone).

Cisco Unsubscribe Services

Safe Unsubscribe

Unsubscribing from no-reply@email.monoprice.com is in progress.

But it never really completes.  How can this nuance be avoided?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For example, when I checked 5 minutes later when attempting to unsub from this community platform (bulk), I noticed the following status, which then provided a series of links to use to manually unsubscribe from these mailings.

unsub-manual.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Allesi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the status when you go back later (1 hour for example) and review the link for that unsubscription status?

http://184.94.241.137/us/status/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For example, when I checked 5 minutes later when attempting to unsub from this community platform (bulk), I noticed the following status, which then provided a series of links to use to manually unsubscribe from these mailings.

unsub-manual.png

That's what I had to do.  I didn't realize I could check back later.  I never save those links, so luckily I was on a desktop computer and just minimized that browser window.  I refreshed it later and voila, a link to manually unsubscribe was at the bottom.

They could have put that there in the first place you know.

Hello,

I might be reviving an old thread, but in my case, the safe unsubscribe remain in progress forever, and I don't get the possibility to unsubscribe manually. Maybe half the emails I unsubscribe to go through immediately, and the other half shows the "in progress" page, and never complete. Any idea how I can solve this?

Thank you! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: