cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to increase workqueue?

Alibek Ismailov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have ESA 170, when workqueue is over 2000 messages, i have a delay in mail processing and ESA is overloaded, how can i increase a workqueue? with concurrent connections?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

There is no way to increase the concurrent workqueue connections. Even if there was, that would not resolve the underlying issue of why you had 2000+ messages in the workqueue to begin with. As the workqueue builds, it takes up that much more processing power on the device, thus causing the delays and effect on system performance.

There are many things that can impact the workqueue, but unfortunately we're not typically able to pinpoint a cause without troubleshooting during the backup itself.

I would recommend opening a Support ticket if/when the workqueue backup occurs again and we can assist further.

Thanks!
-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

There is no way to increase the concurrent workqueue connections. Even if there was, that would not resolve the underlying issue of why you had 2000+ messages in the workqueue to begin with. As the workqueue builds, it takes up that much more processing power on the device, thus causing the delays and effect on system performance.

There are many things that can impact the workqueue, but unfortunately we're not typically able to pinpoint a cause without troubleshooting during the backup itself.

I would recommend opening a Support ticket if/when the workqueue backup occurs again and we can assist further.

Thanks!
-Dennis M.